Academy of Distinguished 校友
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Berkeley alumni justifiably take pride in their education and in knowing that year in and year out, CEE at Berkeley is at the top of national rankings for civil and environmental engineering programs.
In this context, CEE leadership and faculty, aided by the generosity of its 顾问委员会 and the guidance of the College of Engineering, established the CEE Academy of Distinguished 校友 (Academy) in 2012.
The objectives of the Academy are to:
- honor the outstanding professional accomplishments and contributions of CEE alumni, including service to the CEE Department
- engage outstanding alumni in the activities of the Department
- increase the visibility of the Department to all alumni
- present Academy members to students as examples of successful CEE graduates and possible role models for the students’ own careers
- further enhance the stature of the Cal CEE Department by shining a light on the many great accomplishments of its graduates.
- 首届成员 were inducted in Nov. 2012. 看到 Honoring Greatness: 26 校友 inducted into new Academy.
- The second class was inducted in Oct. 2013. 看到 Academy of Distinguished 校友 inducts Class of 2013.
- The third class was inducted in Oct. 2014. 看到 Academy of Distinguished 校友 2014 Banquet.
- The fourth class was inducted in Oct. 2015. 看到 A special night at Berkeley CEE: Academy banquet 2015.
- 看到 Academy inducts Class of 2016 and raises $65K for UROP featuring the Oct. 2016 banquet and induction of the sixth class.
- Academy inducts Class of 2017 and raises $75K for UROP
- Academy inducts Class of 2018 at annual gala event
学院成员 In Memoriam
|奔℃。 gerwick JR。||BSCE，n.a.e.|
|Charles Gilman Hyde （名誉）||提问。 LLD|
|James H. Kleinfelder||MSCE，体育|
|Tung-Yen (T.Y.) Lin||M.S.，n.a.e.|
|Bernard A. Vallerga||MSCE，n.a.e.|
|罗伯特·湖wiegel （名誉）||MSME, DIST.D.CE, 体育，n.a.e.|
A CEE alumnus/alumna is eligible for nomination as an Active Member of the Academy if he/she holds a BS, MS or PhD degree from the University of California, Berkeley CEE Department granted at least 10 years prior to nomination; and is one of the following:
- is an outstanding and recognized engineer practitioner and/or an engineer who possesses special expertise in one or more of the CEE disciplines;
- is an outstanding and recognized academician and/or researcher in CEE or a related field;
- is an outstanding and recognized government, institutional, or business leader who has achieved distinction in the management and development of his/her organization
- is an outstanding engineer contributor to an institution, nongovernmental organization (NGO), or other entity (an example in this category is Engineers Without Borders).
A non-Berkeley CEE alumnus/alumna is eligible for nomination as an Honorary Member if he/she:
- possesses outstanding qualities;
- has a record of outstanding service to the Berkeley CEE Department;
- is a senior, distinguished member of the Berkeley CEE faculty and not an alumnus/a of the Department.
Many corporate and individual friends of the Department support the Academy as Blue, Gold, or Silver -level sponsors. The Academy is a resounding success and it is due in large part to the steadfast support of these individuals and companies.